I did create a Bugreport. For your information, I also post here what I did find out.

It seems to be the brackets. When the Queue just has one ( Apache ErrosLog says:

[Tue Mar 16 13:36:11 2004] [error] 982: ModPerl::Registry: Unmatched ( in regex;
marked by <-- HERE in m/^Netage::INTERN ( <-- HERE $/ at
/opt/otrs//Kernel/System/Queue.pm line 866.!

If both ( and ) are in the name Apache will be fine, but the problems described above
appear.

I'm not going to test any further, because everytime creating a queue named like that,
and trying to rename
Leeds to the display problem in Admin->Queues, and I have to manually change all
subqueues in the database.