I had suggested earlier this year to modify OTRS to do line wrapping on
send, instead of inserting line breaks after spell checking, etc.

It seems that at least on 1.2.x, OTRS depends on what is sent by the browser
when submitting a response. Seems that this would be better handled
programmatically with a setting that allows you to define the length of a
line before a break is inserted.

Paul