Can the OTRS box resolve the hostname?
Dit you try it with the IP address of the host instead?

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Namens Mercator GmbH
Verzonden: donderdag 31 augustus 2006 12:40
Aan: otrs@otrs.org
Onderwerp: [otrs] can´t authorize e -mail problem

Try using \@ instead of @ in the username. This was mentioned on this
list recently. (Yes, the GUI should probably make this "just work".)

Nils Breunese.
<<<

Thanks Nils, but NO success!

When I use "[EMAIL PROTECTED] as username and put in
hostname "sardiniatravel", then it says:
Auth for user [EMAIL PROTECTED]@sardiniatravel.net
failed!

When I leave the hostname blank, it says:
"error OTRS-PM3-10 Can't connect to  "

So... what now?? I MUST get this to work!! I don´t get any mails to OTRS
and it´s my work!!!

Thanks, marc