Its like buying a corvette and then putting a yaris engine in it.

Even windows people can install linux these days.. Just take the leap, you
have nothing to lose, only knowledge to gain.

Lets not bash windows, its good for what it is.  If you want to waste a
$600+ license to spin up a OTRS server ­ more power to ya!

-Andy