Hmmm... thank you Nils.

I'm used to working in Incident Monitor at a previous employer:
http://www.monitor24-7.com/corp/prod_im_overview.asp

This concept of locking tickets seems very foreign and counter-intuitive to me.

-Kris

Kris Jacobs wrote:

> Please describe then the exact work flow in OTRS for this scenario:
>
> Agent A takes a telephone call, and records the support request as
> new ticket #42.
>
> Agent A continues to take telephone calls, and records new support
> requests as new tickets #43, #44, #45, #46.
>
> While Agent A is on a phone call and in the process of recording
> another support request as new ticket #47, Agent B looks at the queue.
>
> Agent B decides to work on tickets #42, 45, and 46.
>
> Those 3 tickets are locked right?
> Even though Agent A has recorded the requests, and moved on - they
> are locked and must be unlocked before Agent B can work on them?
>
> What step by step actions must Agent B take in OTRS when he wants to
> work those 3 tickets?
> If Agent B must manually unlock them himself before assuming
> responsibility for them, that is unacceptable.

If agent A creates the tickets from the phonecalls, but doesn't intend
to work on them, he should make sure they are not locked after
creating them (either A should unlock the tickets or you could
probably setup OTRS to not create phone tickets in a locked state).
Then agent B can find them in the queue and decide to lock them if he
intends to handle them.

Agent B shouldn't normally even be allowed to unlock agent A's locked
tickets, unless he has explicit rights assigned to do so.

Nils Breunese.