Jake Conk wrote:

Software error:

Modification of a read-only value attempted at
/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/i586-linux-thread-multi/Net/DNS/ Question
.pm line 47.

This is a bug oin a PERL module. The quickest way to work around it is to turn off the feature that checks for an MX record for an email address before it sends an email. If you turn that on, the PERL module with the
bug is not called.

The module is Net::DNS and the bug is in version 0.60. If you can upgrade
it to version 0.62 you'll be okay on this.

I'm not familiar with upgrading perl modules because I'm not much a
perl programmer. Can you give me the command to upgrade Net:DNS to
version 0.62?

You don't need to be a Perl programmer. This very much depends on your distribution. It seems that a particular version of Debian or Ubuntu is currently shipping the broken 0.60 version. There is a general way to install Perl modules that works on (probably) all distributions, but doesn't use you distribution's package manager, so for some people that's enough reason not to use it, but you should be able to install the latest version of Net::DNS by running the following command:

        # perl -MCPAN -e 'install Net::DNS'

Nils Breunese.