One of the clients my company has deployed OTRS::ITSM to, wanted to have
control over all tickets, even the locked ones. Since
Ticket::Frontend::AgentTicketOwner###RequiredLock set to NO did NOT do the
trick, we decided to use a cron job to unlock all tickets once in awhile:

*/10 * * * * perl /opt/otrs/bin/UnlockTickets.pl --all > /dev/null 2>&1

Hope it somehow helps.

On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 3:59 PM, Marco Vannini <marco.vann...@gmail.com>wrote:

> [...]
> >
> > In our installation we have a rule that the Service Desk assigns
> > tickets only at the Group level, not the Agent level.  That way "Queue
> > Monitors" for the Groups can then assign to the Agents and begin the
> > work in progress.  As OTRS by default assigns the ticket creator as the
> > owner unless explicitly assigned, how will the queue monitors be able to
> > view the ticket in order to assign?  Yes, they will get a notification
> > that a ticket has been assigned to their group, but they won't be able
> > to view the queue.  Am I still missing something?
> >
> > Best regards,
> >
> > Jim

> > this is the manner that tickets are managed by otrs. It means that a
> > ticket is in "work in progress" by the agent that has taken it.
> >
> > Listed in the browse windows mean that ticket are not owned by anyone
> > ("waiting to be worked") so not still in "wip" state
> >
> > On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 9:17 PM, James Burk <james.b...@dornc.com>
> > wrote:
> >> Thank you Leonardo.  You seem to be the only one in the community
> > who
> >> will answer my questions.
> >>
> >> It seems, however, the Agent must be the Owner of the ticket for it
> >> show up in the Queue.  Does this seem reasonable?
> >> For example I have a group called security test group and an
> > associated
> >> queue, security test queue.  There are two agents in the group,
> > myself
> >> and a colleague.  When I create a ticket and by default the Owner is
> > me,
> >> I can view the ticket.  When I create a ticket and assign Ownership
> >> my colleague, I cannot see the ticket in the Queue.  I can search
> > and
> >> find it, but it is not visible in the queue for me.
> >>
> >> Curious, eh?
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >>
> >> Jim

> >> 12:33 PM >>>
> >> Hi there,
> >>
> >> Go to index.pl?Action=AdminUserGroup and associate each User(Agent)
> >> Groups. Then go to index.pl?Action=AdminQueue and associate each
> > queue
> >> to a
> >> Group. When an user has access over a group, he will also have
> > access
> >> to the
> >> queue associated to that group.
> >>
> >> Greetings,

> >> can't
> >> Ticket in
> >> to be
> >> do this?

> >> parties.

> >> --
> >> Leonardo Certuche
> >> 301 284 6250
> >> leonardo.certu...@itcon-ltda.com
> >> www.itcon-ltda.com
> >> Medellín, Colombia

> >> E-Mail correspondence to and from this sender may be subject to the
> >> North Carolina Public Records Law, and may be disclosed to third

Leonardo Certuche
301 284 6250