Hello Marco.  I apologize if I have over simplified your question.  But
this is how my organization creates and work tickets with OTRS.

Our organization has decided that tier 1 (service desk) and tier 2
(advanced support groups) are Agents in OTRS.  All of these Agents are
assigned to Groups, and each Group is associated with a similarly named
Queue.  Our service desk receives calls from users, as most
organizations do, and SD uses client interface  Phone-ticket to create
tickets.  When they understand what Service is failing they select that.
 We have the Services associated with the support Groups/Queue.  The SD
selects the Queue from the "To" field.  After all the pertinent
information is completed they Create and an email notification goes to
the user and to the Group to whom the ticket was assigned.  The tier 2
support Group then assigns to a particular Agent within the Group and
they resolve the ticket.

As I think you know OTRS is also capable of accepting email from users,
and then filters them into the proper Queue.  We have decided not to
implement that capability at this time.

Best regards,

Jim

>>> Marco Vannini <marco.vann...@gmail.com> 4/14/2009 4:59 PM >>>
It looks quite strange. unless it is not configured something strange
seem that SD sets agents too. Are you able to tell us how they do a
ticket ?  they sends email or they use the web interface  ? are they
otrs agents or customer ?

Are you able to tell us how SD opens tickets

On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 10:02 PM, James Burk <james.b...@dornc.com>
wrote:
> Thank you Marco.
>
> In our installation we have a rule that the Service Desk assigns
> tickets only at the Group level, not the Agent level.  That way
"Queue
> Monitors" for the Groups can then assign to the Agents and begin the
> work in progress.  As OTRS by default assigns the ticket creator as
the
> owner unless explicitly assigned, how will the queue monitors be able
> view the ticket in order to assign?  Yes, they will get a
notification
> that a ticket has been assigned to their group, but they won't be
able
> to view the queue.  Am I still missing something?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Jim

> this is the manner that tickets are managed by otrs. It means that a
> ticket is in "work in progress" by the agent that has taken it.
>
> Listed in the browse windows mean that ticket are not owned by
anyone
> ("waiting to be worked") so not still in "wip" state
>
> On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 9:17 PM, James Burk <james.b...@dornc.com>
> wrote:
>> Thank you Leonardo.  You seem to be the only one in the community
> who
>> will answer my questions.
>>
>> It seems, however, the Agent must be the Owner of the ticket for it
>> show up in the Queue.  Does this seem reasonable?
>> For example I have a group called security test group and an
> associated
>> queue, security test queue.  There are two agents in the group,
> myself
>> and a colleague.  When I create a ticket and by default the Owner
is
> me,
>> I can view the ticket.  When I create a ticket and assign Ownership
>> my colleague, I cannot see the ticket in the Queue.  I can search
> and
>> find it, but it is not visible in the queue for me.
>>
>> Curious, eh?
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Jim

>> 12:33 PM >>>
>> Hi there,
>>
>> Go to index.pl?Action=AdminUserGroup and associate each User(Agent)
>> Groups. Then go to index.pl?Action=AdminQueue and associate each
> queue
>> to a
>> Group. When an user has access over a group, he will also have
> access
>> to the
>> queue associated to that group.
>>
>> Greetings,
>>
>> On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 10:01 AM, James Burk <james.b...@dornc.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello all.
>>>
>>> I've implemented OTRS ITSM 1.2.3.  I've come across a situation I
>> can't
>>> explain.  It seems that only the Owner of a Ticket can see that
>> Ticket in
>>> the Queue View.  I want all Agents in the Group assigned to a
Queue