Personally, I would always choose to just configure the IMAP mailboxes via
Admin > PostMaster Mailboxes.
If you'd have set up the cron jobs as per the manual, you woulnd't have to
alter those, and also you would not have to bother about fetchmail - OTRS
will retrieve the messages directly from IMAP.

If you would decide to use fetchmail however, the OTRS mailing list is
probably not the best place to ask about configuring fetchmail. Try your
favorite unix/linux forum for that.

Best regards,
--
Michiel Beijen