(1) Apology offered, I didn't read too deeply.  Thought you'd been looking in
index.pl<blah...blah> & editing it.

(2) David made some good comments... Look.

(3) Lack of logs or system responses may have fostered the 'cricket treatment.'
As david noted check logs and verify setup/configuration, thet will likely
contain the needed pointer.

Having set responses on the first run in just a few mintes can see where the

LQ
Alan McKay wrote:

On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 11:33 AM, LQ Marshall<qmarsh...@inetspace.net> wrote:

> I'll chime in... Don't know why you're attempting to directly modify system

> files to get responses? This is easily performed under the Admin section in

> the Responses and Queues <--> Responses sub-sections.

> If you are not sure of what you're modifying you should leave the OTRS files

> alone. Changing otrs files will be overwritten.

Who said I was changing files?  I was doing no such thing.

> Taking things step further can the system send emails at all? Is SMTP setup

> correctly?

Yes, as already noted, I get emails just fine when a ticket gets closed.

> returned... http://doc.otrs.org/2.4/en/html/x1191.html ... Looks like a

> simple read.

Pretty sure I've been there, but will take another look