Alan, I just installed 2.4.2 and set up three ebn; two to notify
customer and agent for new ticket and a third to notify customer on
ticket close.  First two I used event of TicketCreate and States of new
and open.  The third I used event of TicketStateUpdate and all three
closed States.  I don't have email working on this local instance but
the History in the ticket indicates that all three notifications worked.
 Does your History indicate that notifications are not being sent?

And I did not set up any of the Auto Responses referenced in the link
below.  Or set anything special for the Queues.  Again, I haven't
followed along closely on this thread, but going way back to the
beginning, Preferences are set correctly, right?

Best regards,

Jim
ITIL Process Manager
NCDOR
919-715-4932
james.b...@dornc.com

>>> Alan McKay <alan.mc...@gmail.com> 8/11/2009 2:27 PM >>>
> A quick stop to the online manual
> returned... http://doc.otrs.org/2.4/en/html/x1191.html ... Looks like
> simple read.

I'm digging back into this now finally - going to take a look at this.
However, I already know that I did not configure this.  Why did I
not?  Because my understanding was that with the new Event Based
Notification, it was not required.  Since I got the email working fine
for closing a ticket without having to configure this, I naturally
thought it possible to get the email going for a new ticket without
configuring this.  But maybe I am wrong.  And even if I am right, as
long as I can get it working by this means, then I am happy.