Have a look at the otsr.sql file in notepad (or a better text editor
if you have one).
I just did a dump from my own otrs DB and this is the start of the file;

##########################
-- MySQL dump 10.13  Distrib 5.1.35, for Win32 (ia32)
--
-- Host: localhost    Database: otrs
-- ------------------------------------------------------

/*!40101 SET @OLD_CHARACTER_SET_CLIENT=@@CHARACTER_SET_CLIENT */;
/*!40101 SET @OLD_CHARACTER_SET_RESULTS=@@CHARACTER_SET_RESULTS */;
/*!40101 SET @OLD_COLLATION_CONNECTION=@@COLLATION_CONNECTION */;
/*!40101 SET NAMES utf8 */;
/*!40103 SET @OLD_TIME_ZONE=@@TIME_ZONE */;
/*!40103 SET TIME_ZONE='+00:00' */;
/*!40014 SET @OLD_UNIQUE_CHECKS=@@UNIQUE_CHECKS, UNIQUE_CHECKS=0 */;
/*!40014 SET @OLD_FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS=@@FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS,
FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS=0 */;
/*!40101 SET @OLD_SQL_MODE=@@SQL_MODE, SQL_MODE='NO_AUTO_VALUE_ON_ZERO' */;
/*!40111 SET @OLD_SQL_NOTES=@@SQL_NOTES, SQL_NOTES=0 */;

--
-- Current Database: `otrs`
--

CREATE DATABASE /*!32312 IF NOT EXISTS*/ `otrs` /*!40100 DEFAULT
CHARACTER SET utf8 */;

USE `otrs`;

--
-- Table structure for table `article`
--

Firstly my version of mysqldump is 10.13 so if you're using an earlier
version it might do things a little differently.

Secondly there's the line to CREATE DATABASE `otrs` if it doesn't
exist. Is this line in your dump?
If its there it should create the database but maybe its acting up. If
its not there then you'll have to create the database and then tell
mysql to use it when you are importing the database i.e.

mysql -D otrs -u root -p < C:\otrsdump\otrs.sql

Note: The option to specify the database is -D for the mysql command
but it is -B for mysqldump. I keep getting those confused.

Rory

Support my 365 Challenge in aid of the Irish Cancer Society

www.365challenge.ie