Hi Ekram,

as said, if the password for an user is empty the user cannot login, so it is
not a security issue for you.

However, to make the password field a mandatory field you need to copy the
“CustomerUser” configuration from Kernel/Config/Default.pm to your
Kernel/Config.pm file.
Within the “Map” configuration you can define if a field is mandatory or if
not. This does not change the table of course, but is telling OTRS to check if
the field should have a value before sending the statement to the database.

On 01.11.2010, at 17:30, Ekram wrote:

> but the problem is i gave password. But still shows the same error.
> Even i dont want to allow null value since null password in unacceptable.
> How can i make the customer user passowrd filed mentadory field , i mean not
> optional.
>
> -Ekram
>

> On 11/01/2010 10:24 PM, Nils Leideck - ITSM wrote:
>>
>> Hi Ekram,
>>
>> it seems your database table customer_user has been created with “NOT NULL”
>> for the “pw” column.
>> In the default OTRS setup, a password is an optional field. If there is no
>> password given, the user can simply not login.
>>
>> Please double check your table configuration and change the pw column to
>> allow NULL values.
>>
>> On 01.11.2010, at 17:11, Ekram wrote:
>>
>>> I'am having  a problem when try to create customer user from admin panel.
>>> It giving error the following error:
>>>
>>> [Error][Kernel::System::CustomerUser::DB::CustomerUserAdd][Line:601]:
>>> ERROR:  null value in column "pw" violates not-null constraint, SQL:
>>> 'INSERT INTO customer_user
>>>
>>> I found in the customer user creation panel that password in not taking
>>> from the filed.
>>> Please check the attachment. It will clear you.
>>>
>>> Is there any customer user configuration needed?
>>> My installation is straight forward using postgres and otrs version 2.4.7
>>
>> Cheers, Nils

Cheers, Nils

—
Nils Leideck