Hi Nil,

i am so glad to you that i found it works for me.
Thanks a lot nil...

-Ekram

On 11/01/2010 10:36 PM, Nils Leideck - ITSM wrote:
Hi Ekram,

as said, if the password for an user is empty the user cannot login, so it is not a security issue for you.

However, to make the password field a mandatory field you need to *copy* the “CustomerUser” configuration from Kernel/Config/Default.pm to your Kernel/Config.pm file. Within the “Map” configuration you can define if a field is mandatory or if not. This does not change the table of course, but is telling OTRS to check if the field should have a value before sending the statement to the database.