I saw the "Empty Answer" and couldn't figure out what it did.
I clicked to link it to all queues and that fixed that whole issue.
THANKS !

-----Original Message-----
From: otrs-boun...@otrs.org [mailto:otrs-boun...@otrs.org] On Behalf Of
Kristofer Pettijohn
Sent: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 3:42 PM
To: User questions and discussions about OTRS.
Subject: Re: [otrs] communicating with customers via OTRS

> The user sends email to otrs.  The ticket is created.  Now I need more
info.

> If I need more info from the customer, how do I send this message and have
> all the messages included in the ticket ?
> I see "bounce" "forward" and 2 dropdowns with only 1 selection each
"reply"
> & "reply-all".
> There doesn't seem to be anything for sending a mail to the customer to
ask
> a question.
> What did I screw up THIS time ?

You need to go into the Admin area and create a response.  The easiest thing
to do is to create one called "empty response" and put nothing in the body.
After that, assign the response to the queue(s).  Then when you click Reply
or Reply All, you will see the "empty response", and selecting that will
bring you to the window where you can reply to the customer.

It is simply a way to create templates to reply to the customer with, and
the most basic is creating an empty one with nothing pre-populated in it.