On 8/10/11 8:35 PM, Ugo Bellavance wrote:
> Le 2011-08-10 14:24, Roy Kaldung a écrit :
>> On 8/10/11 8:17 PM, Ugo Bellavance wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>>      What is the recommended procedure in the case where two persons
>>> open
>>> a ticket that describe exactly the same problem?
>>>
>>>      In 2.3, we used to use merge, but when closing one ticket, the
>>> other
>>> would need to be closed manually.
>>
>> I link them. In addition to that you should figure out if the
>> Master-Slave package fits to your needs.
>
> When you close a linked ticket, does it close the other tickets linked
> to this one?
>
> What is the difference between link and merge, is it documented somewhere?

I merge tickets from the same customer on the same topic.
Do I have the same problem on multiple customer I choose on 'leading'
ticket as the master and link all other ticket (linked as child to the
parent=master ticket) as slave.
All action on the master ticket will be done on the slaves, e.g. add
note, send e-mail, pending state, close etc.
Actions on a slave won't effect other tickets.

Roy

--
Roy Kaldung
e-mail: r...@kaldung.com