This is very close to what owhttpd does now.

After reading the background, I need some help with implementation:

1. I presume the "nouns" are the URL including the OWFS path
2. "GET" would be the default action -- either a directory list or an object
value (like temperature) (Again this is what owhttpd does, though with some
formatting).
3. "PUT" could be standard html get format, like owhttpd uses.
4. How would you like the returned values formatted? HTML? XML? ascii or
otherwise?
5. Caching is part of REST, but may be an issue for us.
6. Some parameters we encode in the path, like "uncached". Should we do that
with others like temperature scale?

Paul Alfille

On 12/5/06, Darryl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On a related topic, I was thinking about using URL's to access sensors
> and fields. Something that would follow a REST
> (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Representational_State_Transfer) style
> interface. Like http://host:port/10.B7B64D000800/temperature to read a
> temperature. Using this style would make for a much simpler mechanism
> to interact with an owserver. Or at least that's the thought...
>
> - Peter

Peter,

REST style URI's would be great then you could easily make clients in
any language.

-darryl

--
http://randomthoughts.vandorp.ca