Curiouser and curiouser.

So your tests are
A -- single loop against DS18S20 sensor A
A+A -- two processes against sensor A
AB -- single loop against sensors A and B
AB+AB -- two processes each AB style

Only AB+AB fails?

And the failure is after a number of readings?

Are A and B different? One parasytic and the other powered?
If so, is "B" and "B+B" also ok? And "A+B"?

I also assume that Vdd on the parasytic is properly grounded. And these are
"uncached" readings.

This is sorta fun -- a little logic game. Credit to the person who first
figures it out!

Paul Alfille

On 12/6/06, Darryl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The way I was doing my test was reading 4 sensors in a

tight loop and then starting another process to read the same sensors.
> I'll modify the script to just hammer one of the sensors that throws
> the error.

Ok. in owpython i just did:

while 1:
    temp = mySensor.temperature
    print temp
    if float(temp) == 85.0
    sys.exit(1)

And the loop would run indefinitely without any error values. I
started another process and ran two copies of the script with no error
values.

I expanded the loop to read two sensors. It also would run
indefinitely without error values.

Finally I ran two copies of the script reading two sensors and that's
when the error starts occurring.

Hope that narrows something...

-darryl
--