Am 18.02.2015 um 23:07 schrieb Gregg Levine:
> Hello!
> He cited that the resistor was connected to the counter inputs to the
> Voltage Battery input point.
>
> However I'm more inclined to try your idea then his. Which is of
> course what I'm looking for.

You certainly need a capacitor for debouncing, the resistor alone - it
does nothing.

                  +5V

                   /
                   \  10k
                   /

CounterInput-------+-----------.
                   |           |
                   |           o |
                  --- 10n        |--
                  GND         GND

(With the capacitor but without the resistor, you get a very slow
debouncing effect, as the DS2423 has a very high-ohmic pullup resistor
built-in. So you can try with a 100pF capacitor alone, but I don't
recommend it because of the tolerance of the internal pullup.)

Kind regards

        Jan