On 21/03/16 15:37, Andy Carter wrote:
> Really sorry, I have another I think.
No need to be sorry, especially since you provide a good bug report!
Thank you, this nailed (or at least uncovered) another bug.

> I thought I had better check through the other commands for this LCD.
>
> Its a new device to me but all seemed to be as expected until I got to
> Line20.ALL
>
> It's probably not a command I'll ever use but someone is bound to come along
> sometime with an issue with it I suspect. Definitely not urgent.
>
> AIUI
> owwrite "/FF.870900000100/line20.ALL" aaa,bbb,ccc,ddd
> should display
> aaa
> bbb
> ccc
> ddd
>
> but I see
> aaabbbcccdddd
> bbbcccdddd
> cccdddd
> dddd
> with the rest of the 20 chars on each line filled with || plus a few others in
> the last two lines. Note the dddd not ddd as sent
>
> I have tried adding double-quotes around the whole string as well as
> individual fields with no difference, even adding a trailing comma as
> suggested
> in one doc I came across - that simply adds .. to each line end.
>
> I hope it's not the syntax I have wrong, but it's possible :/
Nope, it's correct. It was a bug in setting the proper size for each part.
I commited a fix in a separate branch for testing. Please try:

git pull
git checkout ALL_size_fix
(running git log now would show ac62579ecbfe7acebb2873a9a089bc5b9814cd86
as latest commit)

Now build, and see if this works.

A simple fix, but since I do not have the device, I cannot test it properly.

Also I'm not 100% sure if this is a proper fix. I would love to have
some other owfs-knowing eyes taking a look at this. I haven't touched
the "filesystem" parts that much before..
Quick link to diff:
https://sourceforge.net/p/owfs/code/ci/ac62579ecbfe7acebb2873a9a089bc5b9814cd86/
Basically, set OWQ_size() of the part, not just length. Size is what
ow_lcd.c use (also all other random places I looked at).

Johan