From: ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com [ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com] on behalf
of Paul Stovell [p...@paulstovell.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 18, 2010 8:25 PM
To: ozDotNet
Subject: Re: ASP.NET Web Forms vs MVC vs ...

I think that if MVC had come out first, there either wouldn't have been Web
Forms, or it would have turned out very differently. For me the attraction to
MVC isn't that I like the MVC pattern or that I love dealing with HTTP, or even
that using new stuff makes me feel warm inside. It's that the code in the
implementation of MVC is so extensible and pluggable and well designed, that I
feel confident using it - there are no leaky abstractions, and I can override
just about anything I want.

If MVC had been around first I think the .NET community would have had more of
a patterns and architecture focus and less of a "wiz-bang draggy-droppy tool"
focus. If Web Forms had then been invented, it would look very different.

Paul

On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 9:26 AM, Richard Carde