Hi Tom, is it quiet in here or is my email on the fritz?

"Modules" were weird and unclear abstractions in the old VB days that
irritated and confused me. They still do, so whenever I make a new VB
project I delete the Module and I create classes. I'm probably biased here
because I come from a C/C++/Java background in the 90s. I'm a bit rusty on
this, but can VB boffins confirm that a Module is similar to a static/Shared
class of methods, but you see an unqualified "flattened" view of what they
contain? Can someone also confirm that the concept of a Module is
meaningless to the CLR?

I'd run with your feeling on this that Modules are "wrong". My console apps
always have a class with a static/Shared Main method, which seems natural to
me, not overkill.

Cheers,

Greg

Ps. I recommend that you put all of the core functionality of what your apps
do into a library and consider the Console app just a thin wrapper around
that functionality. That way you can create Forms apps, services, etc that
wrap the functionality.

Pps. No coding over 0.05 or with a hangover.