Chaps, I think we've answered Tom's question in a way, eventually, I hope.
He was suspicious of using Modules, and you've confirmed my suspicions that
Modules are aliases for static classes that don't need to be qualified. No
other .NET compliant language I know of hides what's going on underneath
with a "Module" concept (except maybe F# where by default your methods go
into one big anonymous class). I reckon you should avoid Modules, they
always seemed a bit weird to me. Everyone recognises the word class.