Hi All,

I've got a legacy MSAccess app in VBA which is been used at two separate office locations (Melbourne & Singapore), with two separate copies of the database.

There is a table with 5,000 rows in it (about 30 columns) which has inserts/updates at both offices, and we were looking for some way to propagate the changes.

Ideally, we would either migrate the app to .NET/SQL Server (which would be fairly expensive... management say 'grrr'), or use RDP and having the app on one computer. (which is also for some reason is also 'grrrr')

Based of my knowledge of access/mdb's, there are no triggers, meaning the only way we could really track updates is to modify the Access forms to update a flag column with a datetime or something similar, and then have a batch process move updates every now and then.

This idea seems dirty to me because if someone changes with the tables directly, or there are updates around the same time it becomes quite messy in keeping a clean dataset/dealing with race conditions/etc.

Long story short:

Has anyone dealt with something similar to this before? Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks heaps,
--
Les Hughes
l...@datarev.com.au