Guess my interest revolves around technology for SmartGrid and demand side
management over HAN, NAN, LAN, WAN and Grid connecting to Building
Management Systems..
http://www.ret.gov.au/energy/energy%20programs/smartgrid/pages/default.aspx

The privately owned power corps are delaying deployment of these
technologies as their corporate mission is to sell more energy or install
more infrastructure not less. Except of course for the NSW power corps not
yet privatized who don't have worry about shareholders (or executives).

Check out Microsoft HOHM www.microsoft-hohm.com/ .  Also their Harmonized
Energy Assessment Tool (HEAT) developed in 2007 for Clinton Foundation C40
program http://www.c40cities.org

And Google's PowerMeter www.google.com/powermeter/

PG