Hmm... ok, so my new monitor has arrived here at work. Unboxed it, giggling
like a little girl the whole time.
Plugged it into the DisplayPort on my port replicator and best resolution I
can get is 1920x1440 I think it was.
Tried it on the DVI port and thats even lower. 1920 x 1080.

Sure its way better than the two 17" monitors I was using. (which I managed
to get working, all 4 screens. lol 3 monitors and the laptop screen.)

Now if I can get to this magical 2560x1440 resolution I'll be in bliss. Why
doesnt the displayport give that rez? I thought it would. Is the cable only
a single displayport rather than the double that the port replicator has?
(the icon shows two plusses on it but the cable just shows a D).

Anyone have a D++ displayport cable they can look or know if theres a
difference?

thanks,
Stephen