Bow before your HTML overlords and submit to thee! :)

Adobe's PhoneGap is one to potentially smooth alot of those bumps out for
both..  Blend *could* easily turn into a rival tool that would help not
impede the MSFT development story ...they would however need to spend a
release cycle on UX and firming the product(s) integration with Adobe
tooling first. At the end of the day designers are the first class citizens
now, and when you approach them with a Blend-like experience you fail to
attract... You've seen the Wp7 marketplace and its fair to say that
engineering wise there is a fairly large amount of willing participants
..its just the design is severely lacking and i can count on hand how many
apps that actually look good enough to attract an iPhone like audience.

I personally wish Microsoft would just go Willy Wonka on Win8/Win9.. that
is, they close their doors, they spend 2 years crafting a tooling/platform
story that's united and doesn't have lots of #IF #ELSE spread throughout
the codebase ..and then.. release it to the world. It would shock the
system just enough to push past a lot of change management concerns and
we'd probably all be in a much healthier position to talk about .NET
future(s).

---
Regards,
Scott Barnes