From: ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com [mailto:ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com] On
Behalf Of Bill McCarthy
Sent: Thursday, 21 June 2012 2:28 PM
To: 'ozDotNet'
Subject: RE: Windows Phone 8 announced

Personally, I got out of my last contract early as soon as the Lumia 800 was
released. If I had known then what I know now, I wouldn't have done that. I
expected the updates to continue to flow. What really grinds at me is Microsoft
most probably knew internally about the proposed change then, and when they
launched the Lumia 900.

Yes contracts here are typically 24 months. I feel sorry for those people who
purchase a Windows Phone today/yesterday/the day before, or even tomorrow (if
they don't get the warning of no update).  The apps that are currently missing
from Windows Phone, the ones people thought might come to it, probably never
will now. Screwed.