On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 6:33 PM, .net noobie <dotnetnoo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Well, this is not a compitition

Oh, but the marketplace *is* a competition :)

> and I not claming to be an expert on it, but I was under the impression
> quite a while ago that people would not be able to upgrade the wp7 devices
> to wp8,
> I don't even follow it very closely, I really just lisen to the one
> podcast i mentioned before, thats it, but I also googled it and saw people
> debating it as far back as mid to end of 2011
>
> I also bet you did not see anywhere from Nokia or MS that you would be
> able to upgrade a wp7 device to wp8 either?

I wasn't looking, but Apple, for instance, offer a deal where you get some
form of recompense when buying an obsoleted ! item within a certain time of
a new release.

> If the current devices have enough grunt or not to run a wp8 OS, I have no
> idea, i just said is something I assumed would be the case if MS wanted to
> basically run win8 on a phone...
> I not saying they can or cannot, I am saying this was my guess

Or were they pressured by carriers?   They more often support handset churn
than the SW manufacturers.  From Microsoft's perspective, there's nothing
to gain and everything to lose by doing this.  (I exaggerate a bit)

> but i think the min spec for wp7 was a 1ghz cpu? correct? and i maybe
> wrong here but did they even lower the spec a little after/for mango 7.5?
>
> Anyway I can understand why people are annoyed, especially if you just got
> a new phone,
> I got mine the week they came out and I am not really happy either, but I
> guess I got used to the idea I could not upgrade it already

I still want to know if Microsoft are releasing a phone that will run 8,
and that they will undertake to do online upgrades for, in the same way
Apple do, and Android do (for their 'concept' phones, aka Nexus line)  Got
an answer for that, Microsoft dudes?