I use Aldiko on an Android tablet. The killer feature for me was the fact
that I could adjust the brightness by sliding my thumb up and down the
left-hand side of the screen. Not sure if any other apps have this now but
at the time it was something I sorely needed. AFAIK Aldiko has no "store"
it's just a player but I was reading http://www.gutenberg.org eBooks so
that didn't matter.