Definitely not up to eInk for direct sunlight, but it does do a lot more
besides. Its a pity there's not some halfway house (eInk pulling their
finger out on those color screens for example)

The Kindle app on Android is just swipe-to-turn, but some of the 3rd party
readers hyjack the volume buttons for this also, which I really like. Made
me realise how useful those page turn buttons on a kindle are when reading
one handed standing on a bus.

(Also a pity Amazon doesn't make the kindle waterproof, they'd clean up at
the beach, pool etc...)