I'd also add that braces, parentheses, or anything that comes in pairs,
should be inserted at the same time.  ie, immediately type your opening and
closing braces and then move your insertion point in between them.  If
you're putting existing code in new braces, you still try to do this as a
single operation.  either be careful to put them in the correct place at
that time, checking to make sure they are, or have them inserted for you.
 eg, select the code, CTRL + K + X, select Visual C#, then select what you
want, such as "if".

I do all of this and the only time I've ever had mismatched braces is by
accidentally deleting one.

David

"If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes
 will fall like a house of cards... checkmate!"
 -Zapp Brannigan, Futurama