On Thu, May 9, 2013 at 3:36 PM, Fredericks, Chris
<chris.frederi...@hp.com>wrote:

>  I suspect the Office Ribbon wouldn’t have passed the "The Level 1
> Helpdesk Test" either – but Office hasn’t been a ‘fail’.  And I am sure
> that most of the initial ‘issues’ with Windows 8 will pass in time as users
> learn it’s nuances.****
>
> ****

Needing to relearn Office for every version isn't exactly a 'pass' either.

> Sometimes people have to make some effort to move out of their comfort
> zone, embrace change and learn something new instead of expecting
> everything to be obvious.  The first time someone sits behind the steering
> wheel in a car, it is not very intuitive on how to use the clutch to change
> gears, or to even start the engine.  Almost everyone needs to be taught how
> to drive a car – does that mean that a motor vehicle is a ‘fail’?

WHen you buy a new car, you don't have to be taught to drive it again.

> ****
>
> ****
>
> Everything I have read about why Windows 8 is a ‘fail’ seems a bit emotive
> and most of the problems listed are very easily addressed with a little
> research and learning.  I suspect that safely driving a motor vehicle
> requires more effort, learning and concentration than what is required for
> Windows 8.  If you can’t cope with Windows 8, please avoid driving a car
> anywhere near me or my family. J****
>
> ****
>
> Just my 2c worth and I am most definitely not trying to offend anyone.

It's not that you cannot cope, it's should you need to cope with change for
its own sake.  Or use a third party utility to restore functionality.

--
Meski

 http://courteous.ly/aAOZcv

"Going to Starbucks for coffee is like going to prison for sex. Sure,
you'll get it, but it's going to be rough" - Adam Hills