Hi Rob, I actually implemented a similar "chunking" technique from scratch
last year between WCF over http and an SL4 app. I simulated a simple
"torrent" idea where numbered chunks are sent to the server who assembles
them in a receiving array of the correct size. The only tricky code was on
the SL sending side where a worker thread loops and waits for the WCF call
on the UI thread to complete, creating a kind of "gated" send loop. It's
often used to upload ~40MB files to the server side.

I didn't want to do that sort of thing this time, as I was just inside the
limits of sending it all as one deflated blob in a reasonable time. Much
bigger and I would have to do some chunking.

Greg K