From: "Nathan Schultz" <milish...@gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, August 22, 2013 1:17 PM
To: "ozDotNet" <ozdotnet@ozdotnet.com>
Subject: Re: Future of .NET

I don't think Microsoft was ever popular with the Startup community. The
last time I did anything in that area LAMP was all the rage.
I have one mate in the Start-Up community who has used ASP.NET MVC on a
project, and said it stacks up okay against Rails. But he hated Entity
Framework (he said he wasted days trying to get it working properly). He's
since moved on to using Google's Go progamming language.

Certainly I like the direction Microsoft is going by cherry picking the
best out of other technologies (e.g. lamda expressions, dynamic language
run-time, and MVC). Compiler as a Service also seems to have interesting
possibilities. It's certainly not growing stale like COBOL. It's when I
have to help out with Java projects (despite some good libraries), it feels
like a time-warp back to .Net 2.0 days.