From: ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com [mailto:ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com] On
Behalf Of David Connors
Sent: Wednesday, 4 September 2013 11:50 AM
To: ozDotNet
Subject: Re: [OT] NBN revisited

On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 11:38 AM, Ken Schaefer
<k...@adopenstatic.com<mailto:k...@adopenstatic.com>> wrote:
Yet he was the CTO for BT. He’s probably got a reasonable level of experience
in how to actually deliver “something of this size”
Anyone else sceptical of “the only way to do <immensely complex project> is…”
claims that come from back-seat drivers?
Err I think you'll find it is the FTTP nutjobs such as yourself that are
pushing 'the one true path' line. I've been involved in enough IT projects in
the last couple of decades to know that you're in the shit as soon as someone
says "Let's do this right and let's do this once" (English translation: "Let's
be inflexible and dogmatic").

You don't need a masters degree in the blinding obvious to work out turning off
3.5 million hfc services and replacing them with 3.5 million gpon services is a
stupid waste of money. Yay - let's spend a gazillion dollars turning 100mbps
into 100mbps.

David.