I still haven’t heard anything from you that convinces me David.

The NBN is likely to bring in A$105 billion dollars to A$237 billion dollars.
That’s a lot of economic activity. A lot of business. A lot of jobs. Even if it
breaks even we will be ahead.

I think you most definitely fit into:

1) They come infected with the limited thinking aligned with their business

Japan already have 2Gbps. The US have large areas with 1Gbps now. And you are
proposing 100Mbps? As a limit? Theoretical maximum for copper is around the
1Gbps mark, and they are only advertising download speeds, not upload. The rest
of the developed world are moving to 10Gbps.

23) It is worth visiting China, Japan, Korea, Singapore, Scandinavia, Jersey
+++ to see the actuality and their plans to move up to 10Gbit/s to the home.

We in IT are supposed to be driving economic growth through technology.

25) This country has its back to the financial wall and needs to focus on the
GDP enabling technologies and those members of the population that can invoke
+ve change to the benefit of all.

And that’s supposed to mean us in IT.  Yet the antique thinking from some in
our own industry is astounding.