On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 2:37 PM, David Richards <ausdot...@davidsuniverse.com
> wrote:

> Apart from the use of "impacted", a nice article.

At least it wasn't impactful.

> For some reason, this whole argument reminds me of the republic referendum
> some years back.  I knew a number of people who didn't like the idea of a
> politician appointed president and thought voting "No" meant "the people"
> would vote for the president.

It's like the fake senate parties - "No carbon Tax"   and "stop the greens"
- parties whose sole purpose is to attract those who don't think and funnel
votes to the majors.

> The fact is, the vast majority of people who vote on such things do so
> without all the facts.  Certainly not enough to be responsible for making a
> decision.
>
> People on this list will tend to be looking at it from a technical point
> of view.  I doubt any of this has any meaning to the population in general.

It had a significant effect last election - the NBN per se, not the
technical detail.

> If the NBN was available in my area, I'd get it.  For cable, my only
> option now is Optus which is what I have.  Telstra told me I could get ADSL
> with a fraction of the data and for a lot more money.  If only I had a
> choice...

ADSL - its fantastic if you live in the exchange.  VDSL2 - truly is
fantastic because its implemented for people who do live in the exchange
(high density apartments) and have cat5 or 6 from there to their apartment

--
Meski

 http://courteous.ly/aAOZcv

"Going to Starbucks for coffee is like going to prison for sex. Sure,
you'll get it, but it's going to be rough" - Adam Hills