From: ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com [mailto:ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com] On
Behalf Of Stephen Price
Sent: Tuesday, 26 November 2013 8:16 AM
To: ozDotNet
Subject: Re: [OT] Redirecting to Gmail

I use dnsimple (https://dnsimple.com/r/815f183c3ee842 yes that's my referral
link, as you get freebies for referrals). I think it costs me like $3 per
month. It's brilliant and they have a bunch of templated options. Ie they have
one for Google Apps that sets up 21 (just checked) records automagically. You
can even register domains through them ($14 per year is pretty cheap!)

Like them so much I've been transferring my domains over to them (and you can
use their NS for the ones you own but are registered elsewhere).

No, Google Apps isn't free anymore but at $50 per year its affordable even for
personal use. I use it for business as well. I think how much I save on a mail
server (which would eventually become obsolete from a hardware perspective).

As for the redirect of email, you need to get your Google Apps account to go
and pick up the email (ie as a Pop client would). I think its better than a
forward, but that's just me.
In your inbox go to the Settings and click the Accounts tab. You can set up Pop
accounts there. There's also a Forward tab if you want to do it the other way
around I guess... push the mail from your Gmail account. The Accounts tab
should let you set up the send as feature (I think, its been a while...)

On Tue, Nov 26, 2013 at 7:23 AM, Greg Keogh