On 2 December 2013 10:16, Stephen Price <step...@perthprojects.com> wrote:

> There are other words you could use to describe someone who wants
> everything for free and won't pay (or expect others to pay) for what they
> use.
>
> Not wanting this to degenerate into name calling, and everyone are
> different. Its not wrong to want a good deal, and everyone loves freebies
> just the same as its not wrong to run a successful business. How is running
> a business writing software that you charge people directly to use any
> different to writing a free app, that hooks into banner ads any different?

+1 I don't mind Google's ads at all plus they are useful. Given the choice
between targetted ads and non-targetted ads, I'll take the former every
time thanks.

I cannot stand ads on TV (and don't watch free-to-air as a result) because
they are irrelevant and just indiscriminately push shit-for-bogans stuff.
 Same as all those "One weird trick to X" ads that are not targetted (read
this -
http://www.slate.com/articles/business/moneybox/2013/07/how_one_weird_trick_conquered_the_internet_what_happens_when_you_click_on.single.html
-
bloody interesting).