On 17 December 2013 21:44, Girish Madan <girishma...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Just wanted to ask if anyone had any experience in making a complaint
> against iiNet to TIO.
>
> I signed up on a 24 months Phone, ADSL and TV Combo at the start of this
> year. After 10 months of over charging my credit card, faulty hardware and
> extremely poor customer service, i've had enough and want to cancel the
> contract.
>
> Unsurprisingly, they want me to pay to cancel the contract even though
> i've already been paying for the service that didn't work for a while.

I've done a TIO against Telstra around some phone number porting. You will
find iiNet become suddenly *very* responsive when you file the TIO
complaint - as soon as I filed the complaint I had a case manager in
Telstra's internal special TIO response group who resolved it in 24 hrs.
The carriers are graded by numbers of complaints and levied accordingly.
They take it very seriously.

David.