I got it about 2.5 years ago.

As part of our dev we process SQL Server Analysis Services databases. The
process will max your CPU/Memory/Disk IO and ask for more!

   - On our server it took 25 mins (16Gb, top of the range sandy bridge I7
   or top , 4x Sata II SSDs in Raid 0)
   - On my laptop it took about 15 mins.
   - On a typical client site with SAN storage it took upwards of 5 hours.

Any we've optimised the process considerably since then then and I can
process the cube in about 10 mins now. I don't even do it that often now
either :-)

I certainly agree that sitting around waiting for stuff to happen in a real
pain and I would never go back to slow machines for anything.

--
regards,
Preet, Overlooking the Ocean, Auckland