I wouldn't mind knowing what is so good about React. I'm not enjoying the
syntax of React so far. At the moment if I was to build a new substantial
app it would be using Angular. I feel that you can write some pretty
substantial applications in Angular. Having had a dabble with React, I
don't get the same feeling, so I am wondering if the hype is bigger than
the product itself?

I know React is more about the V in MVC and Angular covers the entire MVC
pattern in Javascript, but I am trying to understand - are they still
essentially trying to solve a similar problem? I can go without using C#
MVC applications at all (excepting WebApi) with Angular, so is the
difference that React is meant to be used in conjunction with C# MVC
solutions?