"Don’t start me on customers asking for the coffee extra hot!!!!"

Legitimate reason for extra hot coffee
(1) Experience where coffee is often delivered to you too cold to enjoy
(2) Wanting it to still be warm by the time you get back to the office.

Until the McDonalds court case lots of years back, all coffees were piping
hot. The hotter the better, and if it couldn't give you 3rd degree burns
there was something wrong with it. Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy a good
cuppa and I do know there is a perfect temperature if you are a coffee snob
so that you can enjoy the flavours just right. However, I wonder if modern
coffee was just a reinvention to avoid that liability.