Just get the barista to heat the cup before making the coffee …

Andrew Coates, ME, MCPD, MCSD MCTS, Developer Evangelist, Microsoft, 1 Epping 
Road, NORTH RYDE NSW 2113
Ph: +61 (2) 9870 2719 • Mob +61 (416) 134 993 • Fax: +61 (2) 9870 2400 • 
http://blogs.msdn.com/acoat<https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3a%2f%2fblogs.msdn.com%2facoat&data=01%7c01%7cACOAT%40064d.mgd.microsoft.com%7c179cc485c3124886431f08d352a1cdc7%7c72f988bf86f141af91ab2d7cd011db47%7c1&sdata=gRR%2fJXtbe8YHxRbJhZj%2b5jqdUVfgX5QGYwAy5DRaL9s%3d>

From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On 
Behalf Of Tony Wright
Sent: Friday, 8 April 2016 4:59 PM
To: ozDotNet <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: Coffee snobs

"Don’t start me on customers asking for the coffee extra hot!!!!"

Legitimate reason for extra hot coffee
(1) Experience where coffee is often delivered to you too cold to enjoy
(2) Wanting it to still be warm by the time you get back to the office.

Until the McDonalds court case lots of years back, all coffees were piping hot. 
The hotter the better, and if it couldn't give you 3rd degree burns there was 
something wrong with it. Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy a good cuppa and I do 
know there is a perfect temperature if you are a coffee snob so that you can 
enjoy the flavours just right. However, I wonder if modern coffee was just a 
reinvention to avoid that liability.



On Fri, Apr 8, 2016 at 4:46 PM, Eddie de Bear (Gmail) 
<[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>> wrote:
Yes, that’s how I do it, metal jug and my hands (I owned a café and have made 
more coffee than I care to recount).. But my experience with staff is that it 
was easier to just stick a thermometer in each jug to make sure customers got 
coffees where the milk wasn’t burnt.. (Don’t start me on customers asking for 
the coffee extra hot!!!!)

For interest, one of the many things you can (and should do) is make sure you 
have a good water filter.. If you get a breville (or something similar with a 
build in filter), make sure you replace the filter regularly, if you get 
something more expensive and have it plumbed in, get an inline filter..

From: [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]> 
[mailto:[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>] On 
Behalf Of mike smith
Sent: Friday, 8 April 2016 4:09 PM
To: ozDotNet <[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>>
Subject: Re: Coffee snobs



On Fri, Apr 8, 2016 at 10:35 AM, Eddie de Bear (Gmail) 
<[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>> wrote:
Hi Greg,

I’m a bit of a coffee snob (ok, a huge snob).

I use a dual setup like the BES920 (Just a little older) and have done for 
years. What you get depends on how you plan to use it. The Breville machines 
work fine, but won’t keep a consistent temperature if you are doing a lot of 
coffees, but this is probably the least important thing. Getting the grind 
right, using a good blend of beans, and getting the milk right are all way more 
important. If you are new to doing coffee manually, get yourself a thermometer 
for the milk (they are cheap) to make sure you don’t burn it..


Bah.  Put your hand under the jug whilst frothing it - I guarantee you won't 
burn the milk.  :)


Ed.

From: [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]> 
[mailto:[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>] On 
Behalf Of Greg Low (??????)
Sent: Friday, 8 April 2016 10:19 AM
To: ozDotNet <[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>>
Subject: Coffee snobs

Hi Folks,

Given the importance of caffeine for code generation, I’m guessing there will 
be a few other coffee snobs on the list.

Anyone got a recommendation for a serious (possibly manual) coffee machine?

I’ve been using a DeLonghi automatic one but now feeling that I’d prefer 
something like this:

BES890 or BES920: 
http://www.breville.com.au/beverages/coffee-machines.html<https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.breville.com.au%2fbeverages%2fcoffee-machines.html&data=01%7c01%7cACOAT%40064d.mgd.microsoft.com%7ca4ee7555be9b4753485908d35f7b33f5%7c72f988bf86f141af91ab2d7cd011db47%7c1&sdata=8Y8e5VwBUs25Ryl636tihjqFDqiCdezzVmT1Sca2KrU%3d>

The main thing that puts me off is the Breville brand.

Regards,

Greg

Dr Greg Low

1300SQLSQL (1300 775 775<tel:%281300%20775%20775>) office | +61 
419201410<tel:%2B61%20419201410> mobile│ +61 3 8676 
4913<tel:%2B61%203%208676%204913> fax
SQL Down Under | Web: 
www.sqldownunder.com<https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.sqldownunder.com%2f&data=01%7c01%7cACOAT%40064d.mgd.microsoft.com%7ca4ee7555be9b4753485908d35f7b33f5%7c72f988bf86f141af91ab2d7cd011db47%7c1&sdata=f7UcN9a%2btUGtz5xiJljFaaSZlzuJoqYrAUXij4giwSg%3d>




--
Meski
 
http://courteous.ly/aAOZcv<https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3a%2f%2fcourteous.ly%2faAOZcv&data=01%7c01%7cACOAT%40064d.mgd.microsoft.com%7ca4ee7555be9b4753485908d35f7b33f5%7c72f988bf86f141af91ab2d7cd011db47%7c1&sdata=t7P3VcQbdUZE862NLteb7DV8WLwcAHMaBc2f0gruT6Y%3d>


"Going to Starbucks for coffee is like going to prison for sex. Sure, you'll 
get it, but it's going to be rough" - Adam Hills

Reply via email to