On Fri, Apr 8, 2016 at 12:20 PM, Jason Roberts <[email protected]> wrote:
> I got a breville machine/grinder package – I did a barista course last > year and it’s all about consistency – the trainer recommended even if you > have a basic machine get a great grinder so at least the grind is > consistent – would love to get one of these machines from Melbourne company > http://www.disave.com.au/product-category/machines/office-models/ > > > > Also good, freshly roasted beans (don’t buy pre-ground) – I like the > single origins and blends (especially the Crompton Road blend) from Five > Senses. > > Almost any whole bean coffee is going to be better than a ground one. And the only kind of grinder to go for is a burr one. order of importance (most to least) machine cleanliness (I almost forgot this one) grind tamp volume tamp pressure bean freshness flow rate (affected by above 2, and water pressure water temp The easier it is to stabilise the above shot to shot, the better. > > > Jason > > > > Pluralsight Courses: http://bit.ly/psjasonroberts > Twitter: @robertsjason > Blog: http://DontCodeTired.com > > > > > > *From: *Greg Low (罗格雷格博士) <[email protected]> > *Sent: *Friday, 8 April 2016 8:19 AM > *To: *ozDotNet <[email protected]> > *Subject: *Coffee snobs > > > > Hi Folks, > > > > Given the importance of caffeine for code generation, I’m guessing there > will be a few other coffee snobs on the list. > > > > Anyone got a recommendation for a serious (possibly manual) coffee > machine? > > > > I’ve been using a DeLonghi automatic one but now feeling that I’d prefer > something like this: > > > > BES890 or BES920: > http://www.breville.com.au/beverages/coffee-machines.html > > > > The main thing that puts me off is the Breville brand. > > > > Regards, > > > > Greg > > > > Dr Greg Low > > > > 1300SQLSQL (1300 775 775) office | +61 419201410 mobile│ +61 3 8676 4913 > fax > > SQL Down Under | Web: www.sqldownunder.com > > > > > -- Meski http://courteous.ly/aAOZcv "Going to Starbucks for coffee is like going to prison for sex. Sure, you'll get it, but it's going to be rough" - Adam Hills
