Sheesh!  talk about flamebait!

I'm not going to pick a side in this.  What I will say is they are all
essentially the same.  Both hardware and OS.  They all have their strengths
and weaknesses.  Until recently, I had three (not including desktop PCs): A
macbook pro running sierra and windows 10, an old (maybe 7-8 years) toshiba
qosmio running windows 10 and linux (and has run 2 other versions of
windows) and a very old hp tc1100 tablet (aka slate) running XP and linux
that finally died after about 12 years I think.

They all mostly work and do their job.  They all have annoying hardware
problems that you just have to deal with.  They all have OS problems you
just have to deal with.  They all have design flaws that make you wonder
what the designers were thinking.  I'm sick of ridiculous DNS problems,
baffling network problems, dodgy ports, dodgy drivers, advertising on my
login screen and notifications, scare tactics by antivirus software, and
having to look up simple tasks I rarely do because I've forgotten how to do
them.

Not one of them I would consider significantly better or worst than another
that I could recommend for or against for "most" users.  Keep in mind I'm
not comparing specs here, just the overall experience and fit-for-purpose.
As Stephen said: "There is no perfect laptop...".

David

"If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes
 will fall like a house of cards... checkmate!"
 -Zapp Brannigan, Futurama