Thanks, chaps you've confirmed that UDP is not suitable, and my further
reading supports that. I'm running some experiments with the TcpClient and
TcpListener classes and they are working now on the same machine. The next
test is to put them on different machines on the LAN, then put the server
on my Azure VM and try to connect from home.

*GK*