Hi guys,

On holiday at the moment in Thailand, and I purchased 4GB of data on a
local mobile network for the princely sum of A$6. I managed to use the
entire amount in about 2 hours and I can't figure out how, because I was
mostly just browsing the web.

I took a look at the logs and it shows:
03/01/2018
17:49:53
internet
AIS
7
0.00
03/01/2018
17:50:53
internet
AIS
1,615,783
0.00

So in about 1 minute, it apparently managed to download 1.6GB of data. So
my first thought was, perhaps windows update downloaded some data, or
onedrive perhaps (although I haven't put anything on onedrive lately.)

Either way, 1.6GB of data is extraordinarily high. So I think I have to
call BS.

My understanding is that the top speed of 4G LTE is 50Mbps, so the minimum
time in perfect conditions to download that amount of data would be 4
minutes, and in usual conditions, it would probably take about 20 minutes.

Just hoping someone can confirm it for me before I potentially go and
embarrass myself.

Do I have it right?

Kind regards,
Tony