Dunno how you spend 1.5 bln on an 'off the shelf' solution.

Speaking of IT stuff ups, they just installed NBN in our building in Spring
Hill (CBD Brisbane) last week.

The fibre comes into the building probably 5-6 metres max from the pit.
They pulled the fibre into the MDF which is at the front of the building.
Then they ran the fibre all the way to the back of the building to put the
DSLAM in a store room that is the maximum possible distance from where all
of the copper in the building terminates. Then they ran a bunch of pairs of
copper from the back store room to the front of the building to the MDF so
you can jumper FTTB off that and into the MDF frame. The tray they used to
run the copper from the back of the building to the front has MASSIVE three
phase cables in it that power 6 A/C units. The copper runs exactly parallel
to this for almost entire length of its run. Should be nice for drop outs
when the various compressors kick in / turn off.

There were two guys here for three days doing the job. The FTTB DSLAM is
about the size of a fridge. There are only 8 tenancies in the building.

Everyone in the building already has fibre except for us as we use
microwave that's faster than anything NBN sell anyway - so they should get
zero subscribers.

Your tax dollars hard at work.

David Connors
da...@connors.com | M +61 417 189 363